Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (January 26-28) includes Night on Broadway, L.A. Beer and Food Festival, Uncorked Wine Festival, a HUGE SoCal Museum Free-For-All, Pickwick Vintage Show and MUCH more.
Friday January 26th, 2018
1. stARTup Art Fair in Venice Beach (Jan. 26-28) will house works from 55 independent artists within over 50 hotel rooms, hallways and outdoor spaces for a one-of-a-kind immersive art fair. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
2. Chuck Wagons: The First Food Trucks is a new tasting event coming to The Autry this Friday. Get a taste of traditional 1880s chuck wagon cuisine of the Old West, then experience updated versions from contemporary chefs. Tickets include plates from multiple food stations, access to the galleries and garden, and presentations by chefs and food history experts.
3. Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the international contemporary art fair of the West Coast, returns to Santa Monic’s Barker Hangar from January 25-28 featuring established and emerging galleries from around the world, with a strong focus on Los Angeles galleries. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
4. The Groundlings Theatre presents their latest main stage show, Sweet Valley Groundlingsperforming this Friday and Saturday. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. Caltech Astronomy presents a free stargazing and panel event focused on The Milky Way’s crash course with Andromeda. No reservations are needed, the lecture is 30 minutes long and stargazing lasts 90 minutes. FREE
6. Greenbar Distillery will host their popular cocktail class this Friday. The theme is “Fresh Produce,” guests will get to experiment with seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs along with a variety of Greenbar organic liquors. Must be a member to sign up for classes, membership is free.
7. Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 22-28.
8. dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) kicks of 2018 with another round of exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
9. The Wallis in conjunction with the Arturo Sandoval Institute, present a four-night musical celebration curated by American jazz legend Arturo Sandoval from January 25 through January 28. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
10. Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers.
11. Rockwell: Table & Stage presents the Unauthorized Musical Parody of Jurassic Park. Happening Thursday and Friday. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
12. Dance The Odyssey Theatre is a month-long celebration of the art form. This weekend the theatre will present the L.A. Contemporary Dance Company in “Rift.”
13. Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public every Wednesday and Friday. After yoga, checkout the many food trucks lining the park and grab lunch al fresco style.
14. Black Rabbit Rose, part theater for magic and variety acts and part craft cocktail bar, takes you into their retro-style cabaret shows set in an intimate and mysterious setting. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. Free admission at: Long Beach Museum of Art (all day) and Museum of Latin American Art (5 to 9 p.m.)
Saturday January 27th, 2018
16. Night on Broadway the annual community event is back with another year of live performances hosted at some of L.A.’s most historic theaters. Musical guests include the B-52s, WAR and more. FREE
17. Visit LACMA’s Bing Theater for The Music of East L.A. an art and music event featuring Chicano singer Chris Montez along with DJ and documentarian Melissa “Lil Smiley” Dueñas.
18. The DTLA PROUD Block Party 2018 comes to the Broadway Theater District for its second annual celebration of Los Angeles’ diverse LGBTQ+ community. FREE
19. The second annual L.A. Beer and Food Festival returns to Mack Sennett Studios in Silver Lake with 50 independent craft brewers and complimentary bites from favorite local restaurants and purveyors of fine foods.
20. Come help the Hammer Museum celebrate their newest winter exhibitions with an opening-night party featuring live music and a bar. Attendees will have access to new exhibits by Barbara Kruger, Charles Atlas and Kara Walker. FREE
21. Uncorked Wine Festival is headed back to the iconic Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles with over 150 wines, gourmet food and live entertainment.
22. There’s a Rick and Morty Pub Crawl happening in Long Beach this Saturday. Hundreds of Ricks and Mortys will gather in downtown Long Beach to drink the night away!
23. The first ticketed event of 2018 at the recently revived Miracle Theater in Inglewood will be The Rent Party Musical Revue starring Parlor Social. Organizers bill the show as a “Harlem Renaiissance retrofuturistic jubilee musical revue” featuring skits, a DJ, tap dancers, and more. Tickets are $15, or $10 if you can show I.D. with an Inglewood zip code.
24. The California Wine Festival comes to Santa Anita Park this Saturday featuring local and regional wines from across the Golden State. Check for discounted tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
25. Silver Lake’s female-driven wine shop, Vinovore, is teaming up with non-profit animal rescue organization, MaeDay Rescue, to host a pop-up dog adoption event. Hangout with furry friends and enjoy complimentary Old Pearl wine tastings poured by certified sommelier and owner Coly Den Haan.
26. There’s a huge warehouse sale happening at the ROW in DTLA January 27-28 featuring brands like Creatures of Comfort, dRA, The Palatines and more.
27. The 17th Annual 50 Hour Drive-by Theatre Festival is a three day fest (January 27-29) of new plays performed at LA’s most interesting NOHO theatre, Zombie Joe’s Underground.
28. My Valley Pass and The Valley Relics Museum will host a San Fernando Valley Film Tour this Saturday. See some of the Valley’s most iconic filming locations like Marty McFly’s house in Back To The Future and the guitar shop in Wayne’s World during this three hour bus tour.
Sunday January 28th, 2018
29. SoCal Museum Free-For-All will have 30+ museums offering free admission throughout greater Southern California. Participants this year include many locations that are not normally free such as the Natural History Museum, LACMA, and the GRAMMY Museum. FREE
30. Get an insider look into the fascinating history of North Hollywood during the “NoHo” Historic Walking Tour, presented by The Museum of the San Fernando Valley. You’ll learn about real cowboys, pioneer families, the Spanish conquest, Mexican ranchos, great steam trains and more.
31. Pasadena Comic Con is coming to the Pasadena Convention Center on Sunday for a special day of cosplay and art featuring more than 75 comic book and toy vendors along with artists, creators and celebrity guests.
32. Checkout over 200 antique and specialty sellers during the Torrance Antique Street Faire. The fair also features an antique appraisal booth and live musical entertainment. FREE
33. Practice your yoga moves while enjoying amazing views from The Andaz West Hollywood’s deck during Yoga With A View.
34. The Pickwick Vintage Show comes to Pickwick Gardens in Burbank for a huge shopping event featuring vintage collections spanning all eras.
35. Motivate. Elevate. Celebrate. comes to Angel City Brewery in Downtown L.A. with a pop-up donation based yoga class, free rock climbing and a seminar on the best local hikes in L.A by Modern Hiker.
36. La Hoja Winter Wine Dinner hosted by Chef Luke Reyes of DTLA’s La Hoja and Guest Chef Joel David Miller of The Wallace will take diners on an elevated culinary experience when they add a natural wine pairing and the ingredient of the night, cannabis to the mix.
38. Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. FREE
Schedule provided by We Like LA.