If you think that going “green” means you have to skimp on luxury, think again. Dan Elias of the Studio City office is listing a new construction green home in the coveted Colfax Meadows section of Studio City. Owners plan to obtain Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for the house.
The 3,561 square foot, 5 bedroom and 4-5 bath Hamptons Style traditional home was designed and built by HK Design & Development. It has an open center hall floor plan. The sustainable architecture, natural building and ecology also create a cost efficient and energy saving Green Home.
Here’s a break down of some of the house’s environmentally sustainable elements:
- Over 90% of the original home was recycled during demolition
- The landscaping is drought tolerant and equipped with a rain sensor drip irrigation system
- Energy and water efficiency systems
- Crawl-space ventilation and raised Foundation with fly ash reinforced cement
- Environmental and health safe materials
- High efficiency HVAC and filter systems with balanced returns for maximum circulation
- Dual-paned argon sealed windows
- Premium seal insulation wraps the home within a double drywall exterior
- FSC certified renewable materials
- Bora Care termite treating
- Energy Star lighting and appliances throughout
The house has hillside views that create an expansive and inviting feel. The backyard provides space for entertaining and poolside relaxation. The home also is coaxile and CAT5-E Centralized System wired & network ready. The property’s web site is http://11610chiquita.com/
. List price is $1,925,000 million.